So I have been tagged?
Yep, FullofBoys Tagged me. Now the pressure is on and I have to live up to the hype! I mean, the rules strictly state that you can only choose 6 people and said people should succumb to peer pressure. Ah. Peer Pressure. It’s like High School, without the pimples.
Here are the rules..
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write 6 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
4. If you’re tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag.
So maybe I exaggerated a bit? Sue me. Wait, I have attornies that read this blog… Can I strike that from the record?
And they’re off!
1) I don’t like the way jeans feel until they have been worn for about 2 days. Hey, turn your noses up if you must! Here is the catch: a) I am a guy and I can get away with it, and b) I am a carpenter so double whammie, baby!
2) I went to Clown School. Brandi, pick up your jaw and Jenn, stop rolling your eyes. When I was a junior in high school, maybe a senior, I was part of the D.A.R.E. Pride Team. We went to all the elementary schools in our county and did skits and songs, taught one on one classes with 4th and 5th graders about being drug free. I went to clown school as a part of that program, so we could do parades and stuff. Plus I was TERRIFIED of clowns and decided that this may help me overcome my fear. It was a blast. And yes, I can still go whiteface with such skill that the paint breathes like skin and doesn’t run. Shame on me.
3) Sometimes, especially over the past few months, I can’t sleep at night because of anxiety. Remember the post I had a few weeks back about the radio? Well, at one time I dealt with Bipolar Syndrome with with Manic Episodes and Obsessive Compulsive Tendancies… I think that was the “official” diagnosis. Eight and a half years I had free reign, permission to do whatever I wanted because the doctors pronounced me flawed. LONG story short, I gave all that crap to God, He took it away, all healed. Now, I DO still have problems with stress and anxiety. When the pressure really hits I get itchy, like fire just underneath my skin, I start to sweat profusely. Not pretty. What is causing me anxiety these days?
I don’t want to break my son and I am terrified that even though my entire life I have had the perfect example of how NOT to be a Daddy… I am afraid. I guess that makes me normal, huh?
4) I am an information junkie. Info in all forms and subjects. I absorb it, thrive on it. Whether it’s about my trade, other trades, fav authors, techie stuff, baby info, politics, world events, weather, animal junk… I don’t care. I want to know about everything! It is a nearly insatiable desire that is ingrained in me and I often fall to escapism just to get a break from my brain. My late High School German teacher made a huge impression on me one day. He was fed up with the fact that I was cruising through his class on D’s when I could have easily made A’s… Remember #3 and the permission part? Yeah. He looked me in the eyes in front of the entire class and said, “Mr. Binkley, the day you stop learning is the day you die.”
That stuck with me because of two things: The obvious being that every day we learn something and will be forever learning until that day we expire from this plane. The second was much more subtle and what I later came to understand as his true meaning that day. The day we stop striving to learn, to grow both in knowledge and spirit is the day we truly die. After all, if you feel that you have gone as far as you can and know as much as you need to know, then what is the point in getting up in the morning? With an attitude like that, no wonder I was depressed, right? I will forever be grateful for that man who saw through my garbage and cared enough to call me out like that. I’ll thank you in person one day, Mr. Angevine.
5) I am a dork. Most people wouldn’t know from my outside appearance that I am a computer nerd. I build them from separate parts because it is fun (and less expensive). I am a scifi/fantasy buff. I love to read fantasy novels. I still have comic books that I read and still keep up with certain story lines. Stargate SG-1 is one of my all time favorite television series. I am a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) dork. Yep, Nerd boy central here. And thank GOD for Carrie and the fact that she thinks it’s cute! Otherwise I would be a very lonely man.
6) Everyone has their IPod playlists and they say you can learn much about a person by seeing theirs… Well, I don’t have an IPod, but I do have a phone that serves as one and here is a sampling of what I have on it:
War of Ages ( a hard core Christian heavy metal band), Chris Cornell, Chevelle, Merle Haggard, Dwight Yoakam, Jack Johnson, Waylon Jennings, Dark New Day, Kenny Wayne Shephard, Demon Hunter, Hank Williams, John Mayer Trio, Johny Lang, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Frederic Chopin, Muse, Mark Broussard, Nickel Creek, Ralph Stanley, Mercy Me, Metallica, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Family Force 5, Flyleaf, Skillet, Fireflight, Faith No More…
So tell me, what does this partial list say about me?